Former Black Stars Captain Asamoah Gyan has denied an assault allegation levelled against him by a member of the public.
This follows the widely publicised assault case involving him that has made headlines in Ghana over the past 24 hours.
Below is the full statement by Asamoah Gyan issued earlier on Thursday.
Alleged Assault Incident 15.10.20
My attention has been drawn to an audio recording that has been circulating on social media, radio and on TV news alleging that I attacked my opponent during a tennis exhibition match at the 37 Army Officers Mess Tennis Courts in Accra.
Even though the audio captures heated verbal exchanges in which my voice, the voice of my brother Baffour Gyan and the accuser can be heard, the narrative that has followed is very misleading.
However, I wish to sincerely apologize to my fans, sympathizers and all Ghanaians for any inappropriate use of language during the said incident.
I wish to state here and now that I did not physically attack the said person in the audio but rather had heated verbal exchanges with him.
Regardless of any provocation, I concede that I over reacted and I am sorry for such an outburst.
I assure all and sundry that l will continue to put myself at the service of my country through sports and humanitarian activities as I have been doing for all these years.
I am grateful for all the advice; those who have sent me messages of constructive criticism and also messages of support from the public and my family.
I wish to appeal to the media to also exercise patience for all the facts surrounding the incident to be brought to light.